Tutor: Anna Maria Mazzieri
1 March 2019
The School, Exmouth
A current evidence based approach to treating knee pain.
You are probably presented daily with clients complaining of knee pain and a diagnosis of Osteoarthritis or Meniscus degeneration. Evidence is showing us now that conservative treatment is extremely effective in dealing with the pain and in maintaining function if the right approach is applied.
In this one day day course we will explore the most up to date evidence on what is most effective for knee pain.
Course content will include:
- Looking at evidence on correlatation between knee pain knee pain and structural changes
- Looking at different knee specific tests and their reliability
- Learn to assess the joint and recognise when to refer
- Learn to understand the injury within a BPS model of pain
- Learn soft tissue approaches for improving knee motion
- Learn an evidence informed rehabilitation protocol for knee pain, including progression and regression baselines
REAL CASE SCENARIOS ON KNEE INJURY WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE DAY FOR ATTENDEES TO PRACTICE ON
Full handouts will be provided. Full handouts will be provided.
Course date: Friday 1st March 2019
Course Venue: The School, Exmouth
Course Cost: £75
Course taught by: Anna Maria Mazzieri