Tutor: Anna Maria Mazzieri
A current evidence based approach to treating knee pain.
You are probably presented daily with clients complaining of knee pain and a diagnosis of Osteoarthritis or Meniscus degeneration. Evidence is showing us now that conservative treatment is extremely effective in dealing with the pain and in maintaining function if the right approach is applied.
In this one day day course we will explore the most up to date evidence on what is most effective for knee pain.
Course content will include:
- Looking at evidence on correlatation between knee pain knee pain and structural changes
- Looking at different knee specific tests and their reliability
- Learn to assess the joint and recognise when to refer
- Learn to understand the injury within a BPS model of pain
- Learn soft tissue approaches for improving knee motion
- Learn an evidence informed rehabilitation protocol for knee pain, including progression and regression baselines
REAL CASE SCENARIOS ON KNEE INJURY WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE DAY FOR ATTENDEES TO PRACTICE ON
Full handouts will be provided. Full handouts will be provided.
To attend this course, there is a minimum prerequisite qualification of a Level 5 Diploma in Soft Tissue Therapy or equivalent; or Physiotherapists, Osteopaths and Doctors are also welcome. If you are not sure, please contact us and we are happy to discuss.
Course date: Wednesday, 29th April 2020 (formally February 2020)
Course Venue: Exeter Natural Health Centre, Queens Walk 83/84, Queen Street Exeter, Devon EX4 3RP
Course Cost: £75
Course taught by: Anna Maria Mazzieri