The School was set up in 2008 by Anna Maria Mazzieri as an extension to The Massage Clinic to offer qualification courses in Clinical Sports and Remedial Massage Therapy. After having explored different qualifications and accreditation processes Anna Maria decided that the Institute of Sports and Remedial Massage (ISRM) qualifications was the one which reflected the most her view of Massage Therapy. The ISRM has been the pioneer in the field of Massage Therapy for over 25 years raising the benchmarks of practice and professionalism. The qualification was the only one at that time to be accredited by BTEC at level 5.
In 2012 we expanded our school to run courses in Bristol from the fabulous Engineer's House a 19th Century Merchant House.
We pride in our teaching and in our understanding that people enrolling onto our courses are adult learners and therefore they may need support in getting back to study. Our classes are fun, and a good mixture of theory and practice but above all they are an open forum for students to grow and learn together. We encourage Peer learning and independent learning. Our motto is Socrates quote:"I cannot teach anybody anything I can only make them think". We also pride on our critical approach to our industry in terms of knowledge, we support evidence based practice and encourage students to use their critique to evaluate techniques and approaches. Our team of tutors have extensive practice/clinical experience and can apply a more practical approach to their teaching. They are fully committed to evidence and outcome based-practice, and are in continuous training to keep up to date with the research and innovations in the field of massage. As a qualifying student, you will gain the most up-to-date knowledge and techniques.
Our core belief is that an injury is not just the mere external manifestations of its symptoms, but a complex dynamic process of imbalances within the whole being. In order to achieve long lasting results we need to identify and professionally address the issues surrounding the injury, such as incorrect biomechanics, poor nutrition, lack of motivation, recurring injury patterns, using specialists in that particular field.
Why choose us?
- We are fully committed to massage therapy and its progression, undertaking continous training to improve our skills, to practice and teach the most up to date techniques.
- Our syllabus fullfills and goes beyond the latest Learning Outcomes and National Occupational Standards set by BTEC and ISRM.
- Our course includes also:Clinical joint assessments, Rehabilitation to return to play, Computerised Gait analyisis and Biomechanical Assessment.
- We are also a busy multidisciplinary clinic where our students have the possibility to experience first hand the industry by observation placements.
- As a clinic we cover some local sporting events where students are invited to participate to gain hands on experience
- As a clinic we look after Withycombe Rugby Club in Exmouth where students can attend sessions to learn and gain practice.
- Classes are small to enhance individual attention
- Our Course is run over 13 weekends excluding Examination Weekend
- We provide a continous tutorial support out of class.
- We run several support classes over the year to provide the students with supervised practice on members of the public.